What is an Extreme Conservative?

Apparently conservatives are now regarded as extremists, or so I was told via email yesterday. In a thinly veiled insult, I was identified as an extreme conservative for daring to speak publicly of my political and personal views.
In times gone past there was nothing unusual about advocating for the natural order of things or defending the wisdom of the ages. In fact the extremist tag was historically given to those who sought to overthrow the existing order. Somehow, over the past few decades, the radical is no longer the aberration but seems to have become the norm.

This has placed the conservative in the awkward position of becoming tagged as the 'extremist'. As the epithet has been directed at me, I thought it might be wise to examine briefly some of my beliefs that cause such consternation among the political left. Read more.