James Delingpole: Why I now deeply regret my last post

In my last post I suggested that the University of Easy Access – aka Mickey Mouse University (Fenland branch); aka University of East Anglia – was being somewhat disingenuous in claiming that its reputation had gone unsullied by the Climategate affair. This I now deeply regret.

Not, I should hasten to add, because I have received another email from the office of Vice Chancellor Sir Edward Acton threatening to report me to the Press Complaints Commission. (Not so far, anyway). But rather because in my eagerness publicly to expose the UEA’s unconscionable bullying – and also as a result of my puerile inability to resist taking the mick – I allowed myself to fall into an elephant-size trap:

I fought a battle on the terrain of the enemy’s choosing.

There are still one or two of you reading this blog, I know, who believe the debate about AGW is essentially a scientific one: that all we need is just a few more years and a bit more hard evidence from the “experts” who really “know”, and then the whole thing will be resolved one way or the other, then we can all take the appropriate action. Read more.